Thursday, September 29, 2005

Natural Gas

Last night when I finished up the post, I realized that I had forgotten to mention natural gas. Yes, FNM dropped 10% but natural gas made up for it by jumping 10% yesterday. So, when you wonder if the hurricanes might have disrupted things at the refineries, that is a pretty clear indication. The price of oil has not risen too much over the past few weeks but the prices of Processed energy products like gas and natural gas have been climbing, with natural gas the clear leader in price increases although heating oil is right behind. Natural gas has risen an eye popping 100% since last year at this time. This means that home owners, especially those of us in the north land, will see a substantial increase in the price of heating our homes this winter. I guess I'll wear a sweater. We had 37 degrees here over night so we are "fall"ing into winter already.

No comments: